Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gah

Sometimes.  Once in a while.  Not often.  But often enough to bug me. 


I want a baby.



But I am 35.  I was told this would happen.  And I was told I'd get over it.  And I always knew that, should I not get over it, we can adopt. 


Sometimes I don't want to adopt.  I want Seth's baby.  But I also want a Haitian baby. 

Of course, I realized earlier that I've been thinking about doing an internship at a Mexican orphanage, so it will probably be a Mexican baby/kid.  That's cool, too.  Probably even better. 

I don't want to talk about it.  You'll know if anything really changes. 


And, seriously, it's like once every 2 weeks or something that I think I want a baby.  I am a human being, you know.  Thought it doesn't twitch often, I do have a uterus. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

Happy V-Day!
Hope you're keeping the hubby warm, but then considering your post, NOT TOO WARM! Anyhow. DON'T DO IT. And if you don't want to torture yourself, I'd strongly suggest that you not take the Mexican orphanage gig, but that's just me.
My rationale for telling you NOT TO DO IT is going to marry what you've been talking about, i.e. money and budgeting, with that uteran twitching. Kids are EXPENSIVE and will destroy whatever hopes you have of financial reform. There, I said it and I'm leaving it at that. Love ya.

Matt

P.S. I'm going to try to get my butt in gear on a blog but I'm changin' to a different domain. Please don't be critical! :)

Ang said...

You have such a volunteer's heart, so if I may suggest a way to get your "kid fix" while not committing to anything long-term, why not offer to babysit for a friend every now & then? I know that you work with the youth/girls, but I mean find someone with a little munchkin and offer to babysit for free. You would be a blessing for your friend and when the "fix" wears off, you get to send the kid back home!! Win-win. ;)

Robeena said...

The strange thing about our life here is that there we don't have many friends with kids.
And, now that you mention it, just thinking about watching some kids gets me right off wanting them!!