Friday, July 28, 2006

Copy of sad post from my training blog

I e-mail occasionally with a guy from high school who also goes to my old church in MI. He had mentioned a sick friend from church from time to time, but I didn't know who he was. From my friend's myspace page, I hit the page of another girl that I knew from choir. Her blog mentioned the same sick guy a few times and also mentioned his website. When I got to the his website, I realized that I recognized him. I don't know him, but I recognize him from church. I remember thinking that he was cute when I saw him in choir. Well, he died Monday from a very rare form of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. He was only diagnosed 9 months ago (on my birthday last year) and his body rejected the bone marrow transplant that he received. I just read the past 6 months of updates and cried and cried. I know that I'm rambling a bit here, but basically I'm sad and also very glad that I'm doing what I'm doing with LLS.

If you haven't donated yet, please do so. If you have, thanks so much. Maybe donate some more. It's worth it.

No comments: