Saturday, September 01, 2007

Augustana's "Boston"




I really like this song quite a lot. Part of it is the soothing quality it has and the fact that it talks about California, even if the heroine in the song is tired of California, but what I really appreciate is the quality of the lyrics and the picture they paint. I don't know about you, but I can totally see everything the song is talking about and I can extend the story they tell and actually visualize the girl and what she looks like, how she feels- as if the song is a movie itself. And I'm writing this without having watched the video yet, so I'll see if it fits my vision of the song.


*eta- I just watched the video and it has no story. So just listen to the words or stare at the semi-handsome man playing the piano in the surf.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

I've heard it and ignored it at the gym. Too pretty for cardio, but I do really like lyrically full songs. The poetry is quite fine here.