Saturday, January 09, 2010

Allow me a little gastronomical slumming, won't you?

You may get grossed out, but my favorite FAVORITE meal is what I'll call Mac n' Cheese Goulash.

The basics: mac n' cheese, ground turkey, peas, and tomato sauce of some kind.  This could be leftover spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, salsa, a can of tomato paste, whatever.
The best goulashes also include worcestershire sauce, but it's not necessary, especially if going for spicy instead.

Tonight's is as follows: 1 box mac n cheese (Annie's Organic- love the bunny), 1 box sun dried tomato something or other pasta & parmesan cheese sauce from Kraft, 1 small can of tomato sauce, peas, turkey, and gorgonzola.  We're out of worcestershire.

I haven't had it yet.  It may be gross, but doubtful.  It will probably be delicious.  Like the other times I make it, we'll probably love it and I'll want to eat it for a midnight snack and for breakfast- no need to heat it up.

You may want me to hang my head in shame, but I shan't.

ETA: It was, in a word, magnificent.

3 comments:

Ang said...

Amazing what one can do with mac & cheese! Was it ground turkey or sliced?

Robeena said...

Oh, ground turkey, for sure. I got the idea from Rachel Ray, but hers was a little fancier. I added the more lowbrow elements all on my own.

Ben said...

I can believe it was good. But I learned in Hungary that "real" goulashes don't have tomatoes in them at all. It's all paprika. Oh, and they have to be cooked over an open fire--but they're willing to bend on that one.